Genetic Screening of Newborn Infants
Students form task forces to research genetic disorders and then develop a public health policy on screening blood samples from newborns.Learning Objectives
- Students will learn about the causes, symptoms and treatment of various genetic disorders.
- Students will think critically about how genetic technologies influence decisions made by individuals and society.
- Students will examine a problem from the perspective of various stakeholders.
- Students will use quantitative data and research to support a position.
- Students will work in groups to achieve consensus and communicate the result.
Genetic Screening of Newborn Infants Print-and-Go (Teacher)